Monday, July 14, 2008

Recall of Electrico Rocks at Zouk on 11 July 2008




Rock music...has hit the town once again! It's time to feature our famous renowned band "Electrico"! Yes it's them! This Singapore local band is considered as one of the most prolific bands weaving and spinning off their own personal melancholic, upbeat & enchanting melodical songs with a huge base of loyal fans. Recently they have been nominated as Artist of the Year in 2nd MTV Asia Awards nomination 2008. Such nomination definitely show the sheer talent and commitment towards making our Singaporeans proud of our own local Singapore music!

With the exciting launch of their third album, "We Satellites"! release, "We Satellites Live Loud Tour" is part of the anticipated national music tour in our tiny sunny town. Haha....apparently the date of their first tour gig falls on my actual birthday! It's a really concidence that my birthday became one of the most memorable celebration in my life! Without futher ado, allow me to be your tour guide in orbiting u guys to their first tour performance venue: Zouk!

It was past 10pm when my anxious call attempt to get my friend Xavier on the line wasn't getting through. Ya...I knew I was late but I wanted so badly to get the free entry to catch Electrico's performance. Luckily he managed to get one of the ladies in charge to reserve a slot for me.

Upon reaching Zouk, it was already 1030pm. Some personnel was packing up the tables and chairs away. Guess it must have been the "Electrico" queue area. Finally I got Xavier out from Zouk and we are searching HIGH and low for the lady in charge. Finally we caught sight of the lady and pleaded the lady. After talking to the lady, she managed to get the bouncer to give me my free "chop". My greatest appreciation to her with my picture display with me and her inside Zouk:





Inside Zouk, the band was already giving a prologue on the foreword on the tour itself. The stage area were fully packed with crowd. They were playing songs after songs. The first few songs were filled with heavy distortion sounds but the remaining upcoming songs were turning slowly towards the sound direction of beautiful melodic lines with awesome harmony. These were the emotions how I felt during that time: The bass guitarist Desmond was really rocking the stage. He was pulling out all those bassy "omph" musical lines & jumping on the stage with such good showmanship that it certainly shone!It was such a heartwarming sight to see our own local Singaporeans supporting our Singapore band. Soon the show started off...with their song introduction "Zero" on the list.

Wow...I must say that it really captured my heart when they began to play the song! Seriously it was my first time hearing them performing live in front of me! Haha...for those who know me, I am a music lover who absolutely want quality music. To me, they were a real band with great musical quality and substance.

They were playing song after song. The first few songs were filled with heavy distortion sounds but the remaining upcoming songs were turning slowly towards the sound direction of beautiful melodic lines with awesome harmony. These were the emotions how I felt during that time: The bass guitarist Desmond was really rocking the stage. He was pulling out all those bassy "omph" musical lines & jumping on the stage with such good showmanship that it certainly shone! It was such a heartwarming sight to see our own local Singaporeans supporting our Singapore band.


Lovely Amanda (the keyboardist) was generating her beautiful harmonic chords in her Korg keyboard. Yet when it was time for her solo, she soared into the sky with her excellent skill playing of dreamy notes.


William (the drumer) was tight in his timing like a timebomb.



With Dave's (the vocalist cum lead guitarist) expressive warm vocal tone, it simply just put fellow humans into wanting to listen to him more.



At some point of time, they were playing some cover songs of Osasis. It got me completely heated up and found myself dancing to the rocky groovy tune. Generally the crowd are a bit shy to flow with their hands and legs movements with the music. Hehe...I still managed to see a lady dancing to the rythmn beats in front of me.

When they finished the last song on their set, it was time for another encore. Off my voice screamed "Ennnncoreeeee" with Xavier as the rest of the crowd also joined in the screeching. And they ended it off with such high energy that obviously satisfied the "spiritual" hunger of music lovers.After the gig, I went upfront to the stage to ask Amanda if I can take a picture with her and the rest of the band members. She actually agreed. I was so happy! I just had to wait until they finished packing their stuff.

It was surprising that the band members of Electrico were so friendly towards me when I interacted with them after their gig. Usually my impression of some real good rock band members is that they can sound pretty nasty to people lol. Looks like I was wrong. They are a bunch of cool dudes who knows how to connect with their fans and anyone who loves music. Too bad I only managed to get hold of Amanda and Dave. The rest of the band members were all over the place...haha even Amanda have no idea where they have gone. Nevertheless Xavier and I had fun chatting with Amanda and Dave. Here's the pictures with me and them:









Of course it was cool to chat with some full-time musicians and music lovers at the event too. It was definitely one of my greatest birthday celebration nite! My appreciation goes to:

Electrico: U guys obviously rock!


Lady and Zouk "Bouncer" who gave me the free "chop": Such free entitlement were great birthday gifts from u guys! Thanks!

Management, technical and media crew in Zouk: Arranging all the logistics, setting up the stage and making it such a wonderful "decoration" to see!


Music lovers & people who came to the event: For bonding with me and enjoying the great atmosphere with me! For those who just can't get enough on seeing Electrico: CLICK HERE!!! (Myspace)


Music Lovers & Electrico fans - Remember to get their latest album "We Satellites" while stocks last! Available at HMV and all major music outlet stores!





No comments:

THANK U!!! Click on advertisments to support my cause in music harmony & diversity in Singapore!

CLICK ON ADVERTISEMENTS to support my cause in music diversity! THANK U!!!

Blog Archive

THANK U!!! Click on advertisments to support my cause in music harmony & diversity in Singapore!

Local Singapore Music Meetup & Network Gatherings

Poll: What contribution do u think the current LIVE ‘n' LOADED TV program in Mediacorp have on the whole Singapore Music Scene?

Featuring Singapore Arts and Community

Top Music Courses and download music Membership

Sign up to get lifetime membership for unlimited mp3 music download! CLICK HERE

Music Training and Resource Courses